Yet another superfood, asparagus, a springtime vegetable is packed with antioxidants, folic acid, vitamins E and K and the list just goes on and on. But don’t just take my word for it, check out http://www.health.com/nutrition/asparagus-health-benefits
When you’re buying asparagus, choose firm, bright-green stalks with tight tips and moist ends. No matter what color you buy, just make sure their color is vibrant with no brown spots or blemishes.
Asparagus is best eaten fresh. If that’s not possible, store them in the fridge in a container of water, like you would store flowers and loosely cover the tops with a plastic bag.
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil OR spray olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (makes for easier clean up).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the asparagus, olive oil and garlic salt and mix well.
- Spread evenly on the lined tray and sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender (12-15 minutes) depending on thickness of the asparagus spears.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve hot!